Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Shame.

Confidence leaves the room
as I watch you speak In silence.
It's a shame you won't talk to me
It's a shame it turned to violence.

And the lines on my face
Tell a story of forgiveness
How long as it been since
I awoke to your kiss?

And I spilt a bottle of
Liquid hypocrisy
On our unreformed pages
And I watched the ink spread
And I started to miss it.

Every morning is cold
And this guilt holds
No boundries when it comes
to you.

I shuffle through the pages
Of broken rambles
And all of our promises have gone
Down in shambles.

it's a shame you won't talk to me
As you stare in my direction
A crying shame that we can't speak
Of what was mentioned.

And baby you know
I could have loved you
If i knew what that was
And baby you know I could
Have kept you
If I didn't act so tough.

And so we sit in shame
As we angerly place the blame
Because the truth will always
Remain
That our hearts were once tamed.
Baby, It's a fucking shame
That our hearts ache just the same.

No comments: