Friday, January 26, 2007

from the heart

You dont love me
You love what I can give you.
Self consumed and indulgent
Making excuses for what you do.
And no one can love you
The way I always have
and you mumble the same phrases
as I become your past.
And its so circumstantial
But i cannot live this way
and it's all so ridiculous
the games we have to play.
Too vulnerable
Too self consumed
I am too scared of you
and the damage you can do.
And I gave you that opportunity
once before
and you ripped my heart out
and watched me decay into the floor
and you are so disappointing
telling me I am not here
and you are so blind
to the fact that I am bare.
So if its freedom y ou want
don't have it on my watch
Dont waste my time
with your poetic taunts
for i am in love with you
and it has sucked me dry
for i am in love with you
but you won't ever be mine.
And you'll try to claim me
yeah, you'll call me all yours
and you'll try to shame me
yeah, and you'll make me the whore.
And i am sick of playing
the doormat for your feet
I am sick of feeling unimportant
beaten down and weak.
And I am a human
before I am a slave
And I am an emotion
before I am a wage.
So lock me in your heart
free your mind
and set this apart..
That I deserve more
then this circumstantial love
I don't have it in me to tolerate your shove.
I am worn down
I am tired
I am weak
I am sorry
I am sick
And I cannot speak.
My voice is sore
and my bones are too
You said you loved me
But the only one you love
is you.

No comments: